As we mentioned during our initial schedule launch, the first round of the ONA15 schedule was roughly 70 percent complete. We’ll continue to add to the schedule through July 9 as we confirm new sessions. And we’ll periodically update you here on the blog so you can keep track.
New sessions since our June 4 program launch:
- Fail Fest 2015: I Failed, It Sucked, But Here’s How I Bounced Back: We’ll have a series of rapid-fire presentations from our brave, seasoned experimenters with a candid look at what insights can be gained when things go sideways.
- hosted by David Cohn, Treasurer, ONA Board of Directors; Executive Producer, AJ+
- additional speakers forthcoming
- Developing Leaders for the New Normal: In this cross-generational discussion, hear how both established and emerging executives from start-up, blended and legacy newsrooms are preparing the next-level leader.
- Jim Brady, ONA Board member and former president; CEO & Publisher, Spirited Media / Billy Penn
- Delaney Chambers, Product Manger, The Atlantic
- S. Mitra Kalita, Managing Editor, Los Angeles Times
- additional speaker forthcoming
- Create Your Own Virtual Reality Journalism: Learn how to create immersive stories that people can step into, and capture 360 videos that make people feel like they’ve been transported to another place and time.
- Dan Pacheco, Professor and Chair of Journalism Innovation, S.I. Newhouse School, Syracuse University
- Nonny de la Peña, CEO, Emblematic Group
- Moving the Needle: What’s Your Impact: Data experts will present case studies on current best practices around both qualitative and quantitative newsroom analytics, including where measures of traffic and measures of impact overlap and conflict.
- Michael Keller, Research Fellow, NewsLynx, Tow Center at Columbia / Al Jazeera America
- Caitlin Petre, Postdoctoral Associate and Knight Law and Media Fellow, Yale Law School Information Society Project