This post was written by Christine Johnson, our #ONA15 Midway Producer.
This year’s Midway features more than 60 programs, including office hours, hands-on-trainings, demos, product launches, speed pitches, make-and-build and special sessions from 35 participating groups And if you just want to have a quiet chat, recharge yourself and your devices, look for the Power Table (sponsored by Bing News).
Working with committed innovators, universities, nonprofits, startups and corporations to execute a stellar #ona15mw schedule was a team effort. Besides the programming highlighted in the online agenda, all Midway participants have scheduled independent sessions at their tables, booths and lounges. Be sure to visit them for swag, treats and interactive educational offerings.
Highlights of Midway’s independent sessions:
- Donald W. Reynolds Journalism Institute is offering series of events featuring industry leaders, as well as a session dedicated to engaging women in online comments.
- Facebook will be available for office hours on all of its products.
- Maker City LA, home to innovators, influencers and creatives across the Los Angeles area, will feature a rotation of various tenants.
- Fred Hutch News Service brings a social-good dynamic to this year’s Midway floor, and is seeking contributions to its “Share Your Story” project.
- Google will have four demo stations, featuring Google Photo Sphere, Google Trends, tutorials and a Cardboard Station.
- USC-Annenberg will host programming around a broad range of topics, including apps, classroom innovations, digital culture and virtual reality.
Two new to Midway:
- Discors, a subscription-based mobile news platform, will be hosting office hours throughout the conference and are included on the list of 20+ demos that are one of the highlights of the Midway.
- Viafoura, will introduce its product to the ONA community with an interactive session, office hours and daily surprises at its booth.
The Midway will be located in California Showroom C, through the Exhibit Hall. Floor hours are: Thursday, Sept. 24, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Friday, Sept. 25, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., and, Saturday, Sept. 26, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Special thanks to our ONA15 Midway Co-Patron: