We’re still in awe of all of the great ideas and connections made at this year’s Online News Association Conference in Los Angeles. With over 2,100 attendees, it was our largest conference yet. Here, we’ve pulled together a myriad of resources to bring the sessions, attendees and conversations to you, from audio to video to ways to keep discussions going in the coming months.
Sessions: videos, social curation, audio, slides
- Full videos from the live-streams of ONA15 sessions are available. Each session has its own page, accessible through the ONA15 schedule, featuring embedded video, live blog and resources from presenters (when available).
- Bonus: Our video team produced 38 short takeaway videos.
- The ONA15 Social Team curated live coverage of conference sessions. Their updates are embedded on the session pages, which you can access via the ONA15 schedule.
- Slides and takeaways from presenters, when available, have been added to individual session pages.
- Audio recordings of sessions, when available, are located on individual session pages and on Soundcloud.
We were thrilled to introduce Table Talks this year, featuring over 100 ONA15 expert speakers who sat down with attendees to spark one-on-one conversations on major issues and big ideas. See the notes from Table Talks, separated by subject area and discussions.
Dozens of stories from the Student Newsroom
Check out the great coverage by the ONA15 Student Newsroom, sponsored by Google. Some of our favorite highlights include reporting on conference sessions, Humans of ONA15, an excellent video on the the importance of media diversity at the conference and some fresh looks at the journalism industry.
Photos, caricatures and more fun stuff
We LOVED all the visual ways attendees captured the action at ONA15!
- Caricatures from Radix
- Gifs from the Associated Press at ONA
- Photos from Twitter’s living room can be found by scrolling through Twitter’s timeline
A few great posts on ONA15
- Key takeaways from this year’s Online News Association Conference, by Benét J. Wilson
- The (very unofficial) blog of ONA15, by Matt Carroll
- How #ONA15 helped me face my networking fears, Jamie White
#ONA15 on Social Media
- There were over 30,000 tweets on the main conference hashtag #ONA15, not to mention thousands more on individual hashtags for sessions at the conference!
- Check out more than 1,600 Instagram photos from ONA15 (and follow Online_News while you’re there to get updates from us).
Thanks to everyone who shared Snaps and Vines and Periscoped the conference!
Celebrating the 2015 Online Journalism Awards
#ONAElects: ONA Board candidates speak
- Watch the Board Lighting Round video of all 11 candidates and check out the live blog.
- Members, today, Oct. 9, is the last day to vote for the 2016. (You can find your password in the Member Center)
Get involved with ONA
- Looking to connect with journalists after the conference who are in your community? We firmly believe that local journalists are leading the charge in innovating local journalism and invested in supporting that work. Connect with an ONA Local group near you or let us know if you’re interested in starting a Local group.
- Interested in ethics in media? Our new Build Your Own Ethics Code is live and we’d love to hear what you think and how you use it.
- Based internationally? We were thrilled to have so many global attendees at ONA15. Keep the conversation going with other digital journalists in the ONA International Facebook group.
- Are you a journalism educator or student? Connect with over 1,000 people passionate about journalism education and interesting journalism projects in the ONA Educators Facebook group.